Conway House Training and Resource Centre (TRC)
The Training Resource Centre (TRC) provides an environment where residents can increase their skills and experience in a number of areas. Staff provide basic coaching in IT, help with writing CV's and completing on line job searches and applications.
Residents can also participate in practical classes including computer skills, maths classes, Tai chi and learning about healthy eating on a budget and cooking meals as a group.
As part of confidence building, residents are encouraged to engage in physical exercise and TRC staff organise and lead trips to local sports centres. Recently, residents have participated in gym and swimming sessions as well as a 4-week outdoor ‘Boot Camp’.
Current course timetable:
- SHP Peer Mentors every other Monday from 11am-1pm.
- Breakfast Club 10am - 12pm. Full English breakfast, pay £1 in advance.
- 1:1 Education Training Employment (ETE) Training with Sarah. Please book via your key worker.
- CLASH runs a drop-in session to provide help and advice on sexual health. Please contact Sarah for more details.
- 1:1 and group sessions with CGL Foundations of Recovery – 11am - 12pm. OPEN TO ALL.
- 1:1 Acupunture and holistic therapy sessions, open to all: 10am-2pm. Speak to Sarah to book in advance. OPEN TO ALL
- Ta Chi with Nik: 2pm – 3.30pm
- FEAST cook & dine sessions: every Thursday: 5.30pm - 8.00pm
- IT skills and gadget clinic - drop in 1:1 sessions, with Camden Adult Community Learning Tutors Mohamed and Carlos: 2.00pm - 4.30pm
- Cookery classes with Westminster Kingsways College - Adult Learning 2.30pm - 5.30pm
- Men's Group: 3pm - 5pm: Men's Group poster (speak to Sarah for details of next session)